A. Application Process for Sidewalk and Vending Permits
Sidewalk and Park Vendors need to obtain the following in order to apply for a Sidewalk and Park Vending permit:
1. Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC) from City of Los Angeles, Office of Finance
To start the BTRC process, click on the link below, go to the bottom of the "Business Registration Requirements" page, and select "Proceed" to begin.
2. California State Seller's Permit from the State of California, Department of Tax and Fee Administration
To start the California State Seller's Permit process, click on the link below and select the "Register a New Business Activity" under the "Registration" column.
3. If you are vending food, you will also need a L.A. County Public Health Permit from the County of Los Angeles Public Health.
4. Sidewalk and Park Vending Application
Below is the application that you will need to fill out to begin the permit process at StreetsLA.
5. Permit Fee
An annual permit fee will be required:
If you enroll on or before June 30, 2020, the fee is $291.
Effective July 1, 2020, the permit fee will be $541.
B. Applying for a Sidewalk and Park Vending Permit
Once you have prepared the necessary documents, you will need to visit the StreetsLA (Bureau of Street Services) public counter to obtain your permit.
The following is information on our permit counter as well as a list of materials required to apply for a Sidewalk and Park Vending Permit.
StreetsLA Investigation and Enforcement Division
1149 S. Broadway St., 3rd floor, Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Office: (213) 847-6000
Monday - Friday | 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Required Materials for Sidewalk and Park Vending Permit Application
The following original documents must be presented when applying for a Sidewalk and Park Vending Permit:
- Government Issued Photo ID (California Drivers License/ID, U.S. Passport, Foreign Consulate ID, etc.)
- Business Tax Registration Certificate
- California State Seller's Permit
- L.A. County Public Health Permit (required if vending food)
- Permit Fee (check, cash, or money order)
If you enroll on or before June 30, 2020, the fee is $291. Effective July 1, 2020, the permit fee will be $541.
C. Reference Materials
1. Sidewalk Vending Rules and Regulations